Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sometimes you feel like a nut...

So, I've been wanting to start this blog for awhile now. Or that's assuming you think a month is "awhile." Any who... For that while my mind would come across something and I would say to myself "I should blog about that." But now, as soon as I get the chance, I suddenly can't think of anything to blog about. Convenient. But I don't want to start my blog and then leave it for a week without writing. That would make me sad. And although my dear friend Stephanie suggested I post a video of my infamous "Monkey Dance", I am still at a loss for words. (Steph, I promise one day I will post it. Just for you. ;p) So what I'll do today instead is choose a picture from my computer and tell the story behind it. I guess that will work for now. Besides, pictures are some of my favorite parts of people's blogs. So here we go.


OK, let me ex
plain. This is what I call "The Happiest Mullet on Earth". Why? Well, beyond the obvious (it's breathtaking, isn't is?) I found it at Disneyland, The Happiest Place on Earth. So it was only fitting for this mullet to be there. Actually, I was technically at the entrance to Disney's California Adventure, but what does that matter.
In this side view you can see the grand spectrum of fantastic-ness that made up my wonderful discovery. This unforgettable trip to Disneyland was back in January '07. I went with my mom, my brother, and my sisters (Dad had to work). We had all received Annual Passports for Christmas and we wanted to go as a family before I went back for my last semester at BYU-Idaho. The great thing, besides the mullet, about this trip was that it was one of the last big things we did as a family before my brother, Nathan, left on his mission. Here are a few more awesome pics from that day.

This is Nathan, me, Melissa, and Jenni at the front entrance to Disneyland. Before that day, I don't think we had all been to Disneyland together. As you can see Nathan is making a funny face because the sun was in his eyes; that's what happens when you're a little less cool than your sisters.


This is my cousin Justin. He is probably one of the funniest kids I know. Justin and his sister, Kellie, were cracking us up the whole time we were there. He made this face when we were waiting in line for Star Tours. What a goober!

Now, this is probably one of my favorite pictures of all time. Why, you ask? Well, because this is so typical of my family. We harrass my mom all the time because very rarely can she keep her eyes open in a picture. And my brother is just a odd kid. So it was more than fitting that what was meant to be a sweet picture of Mother and Son turned into this un-planned display of pure silliness. Absolutely PRICELESS! And, as the song I am listening to just said, "You're beautiful just the way you are!" Ain't it the truth.

And, because this is my blog, I have to include a picture of myself. This was taken outside of the ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney. I've decided that my brother looks like a gangster and I look like a circus clown. It had been a long day.

Now, before I end for the evening I want to give all of you readers an assignment: since my brain has almost completely stopped functioning I want you to give me blogging ideas. What do you want me to write about? What do you want to hear? What stories do you want me to tell? What are your burning questions? I want this to be a very honest and candid blog, both light-hearted and serious, so no topic is taboo. If you're itching to know, then I will do my best to deliver. So start thinking! Love, peace, and chocolate cake for all!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE chocolate cake! So, thanks for wishing it for us all! (of course for the love and peace too...lol)
    Blog ideas...you could always describe your Mr. Right...haha. Or, you could describe some of your best and worst dates (funny stories). Or...you could post the 4th picture in your 4th folder on your computer (or the 4th pic on your camera) and tell us all about it.
    Or you can just ramble a lot like I do. :) Everyone already knows I'm insane anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone say chocolate?

    Lindsy, I love the Happiest Mullet on Earth. I have to wonder what goes through a person's mind when they decide they want to look like they only paid for half a haircut.

    As for my homework assignment...I just want to know what the heck you're up to. It's not really a question, it's more like a demand.

    Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mullet has got to be the coolest thing I have seen in a long time! I love it. I love Disneyland. My homework is pretty much the same as Deborah's. I have no idea where you are or what you are doing. Are you an eternal student? What did you graduate in? Where are you living?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... you could write about how much you love me. haha! You always think of stuff to say that brings a smile to my face so I'm not too worried. Love you like a fat kid loves cake! Mmm... cake sounds good right now....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lindsy!! I'm happy that I found your blog!! What a cute post - NOW IT'S TIME FOR AN UPDATE!!! You are such a fun person - so anything you post will be fun to see/read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linds,

    so I just wanted to let you know it was March now, just in case you were thinking it was still January because that was the last time you posted something. :) Maybe you should post again!! :)

    ReplyDelete